Dear Family & Friends,
We are grateful to everyone who has made a gift to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. in the past, and thank you for considering a donation today. We rely on you and our community to be able to carry out our mission. Our work would not be possible without the support of countless individuals.
Donations to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. goes to support all of our programs. While we began as a Down syndrome support group the scope of our work has grown. When you donate, know that your money goes to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. current and future programs.
Here are a few examples of how your money may be spent:
- Scholarships for F.R.I.E.N.D.S. members to attend Down Syndrome conferences.
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Parent Packets information/welcome packets distributed by hospitals and professionals
- Public affairs advocacy on your behalf
- Resource lending library of books and reading programs
- BABY F.R.I.E.N.D.S. - Special education workshops
- TWEEN F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Playdates
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Social Club - monthly outings
- Quarterly newsletter and monthly e-news
- March Down Syndrome Day Picnic
- July Down Syndrome Awareness Pool & Picnic Party
- October Buddy Walk
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Potluck & Cookie Swap Christmas party.
Your donation of:
- $25 pays for the mailing of 5 New Parent Packets to new families.
- $100-$250/person for a scholarship to the Family Cafe conference or Down Syndrome Conferences held in Orlando.
- $1,500 pays for our yearly printing.
- $2,000 pays for March DS Awareness Picnic, July Pool Party, & F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Potluck & Cookie Swap Christmas party.
- $2,500 pays for our t-shirts & DS Awareness bracelets.
In the future we would like to fund:
- A four-day summer camp at the Rotary’s Camp Florida. It would be for our 10-20yr+. Your funds would help to hire a Camp Director, Lifeguards, Food, camping supplies, etc...
- Therapy scholarships
- Hire a Social Worker/Parent Liaison to direct our members to current services and programs.
- Host a Striker Bikes camp.
- Host a Down Syndrome Conference
- Partner with a local college to bring a Down Syndrome Clinic to Tampa Bay