Dear Family & Friends,
We are grateful to everyone who has made a gift to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. in the past and thank you for considering a donation today. We rely on you and our community to be able to carry out our mission. Our work would not be possible without the support of countless individuals.
Donations to FDSWF goes toward supporting all of our programs. While we began as a Down syndrome support group the scope of our work has grown. When you donate, know that your money goes to FDSWF current and future programs.
Here are a few examples of how your money may be spent:
- Scholarships funds for FDSWF members.
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Parent Packets provided for new and expectant parents
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Parent Packets provided to twelve Tampa Bay area hospitals.
- Public affairs advocacy on your behalf
- Resource lending library of books
- BABY Friends, Dream Tweens, Tampa Bay Teens, Friends Social Club, & Best Friends Dads.
- Monthly newsletter and events emails
- March World Down Syndrome Day Picnic
- March FDSWF “I Can and I Will” Appreciation Gala (Scheduled for 2019)
- Temple Terrace July 4th Parade
- July Down Syndrome Awareness Pool & Picnic Party
- October Buddy Walk
- FDSWF Halloween Party
- Pinellas Christmas Parade
- FDSWF Holiday & Cookie Swap Party.
Your donation of:
- $35 pays for the mailing of 5 New Parent Packets to new families.
- $100-$250/person for a scholarship to the Family Cafe conference or Down Syndrome Conferences held in Orlando.
- $3,000 pays for our yearly printing.
- $2,000 pays for one of our Picnics or Holiday Party.
- $2,500 pays for our t-shirts & DS Awareness bracelets
- $5,000 pays for our Buddy Walk T-shirts
In the future FDSWF would like to fund:
- A four-day summer camp at the Rotary’s Camp Florida. It would be for our 10-20yr+. Your funds would help to hire a Camp Director, Lifeguards, Food, camping supplies, etc…
- Hire a Grant Writer
- Hire a Social Worker/Parent Liaison to direct our members to current services and programs.
- Host a Striker Bikes camp.
- Host a Down Syndrome Conference
- Partner with a local college to bring a Down Syndrome Clinic to Tampa Bay