Dear Family & Friends,
We are grateful to everyone who has made a gift to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. in the past. We like to thank you for considering a donation today. We rely on you and our community to be able to carry out our mission. Our work would not be possible without the support of countless individuals, family, friends, and professionals. Thank you for supporting FDSWF and our Down Syndrome community.
Donations to FDSWF goes right back into supporting all of our programs. We are a volunteer-based charity, we have no paid employees. While we began as a Down syndrome support group the scope of our work has grown. When you donate, know that your money goes towards our current and future programs.
Here are a few examples of how your money may be spent:
- Scholarships funds for FDSWF members. Members can apply for FDSWF Scholarship funds to pay for medical, education, recreational activities. Members can apply to receive funds to attend the Family Cafe conference or Down Syndrome Conference held in Orlando.
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Parent Packets are provided for new and expectant parents. The FDSWF Parent Packet comes with a FRIENDS bag, the book ” Babies with Down Syndrome, A New Parents Guide”. Multiple brochures and pamphlets from local special needs agencies and schools. The packets include two Down Syndrome wristbands and a Teddy Bear for the baby. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Parent Packets are donated to eight Tampa Bay area hospitals and they are distributed to new and expectant parents.
- Public affairs advocacy on behalf of you and your family through our brochures, mailers, and pamphlets. FDSWF attends special needs resource fairs throughout the year to advocate for our group and for our Down syndrome community.
- Funds are used to support our monthly/quarterly support groups, BABY Friends, Dream Tweens, Tampa Bay Teens, Friends Social Club and DADS programs.
- Monthly newsletter and events emails – FDSWF members are given up to date and current Down Syndrome information.
- March Down Syndrome Day Picnic – We celebrate World Down Syndrome Day.
- Brandon 4th of July Parade – By participating in the parade, FDSWF advocates and promotes FDSWF and Down Syndrome Awareness.
- July Down Syndrome Awareness Pool & Picnic Party- We celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness.
- October Buddy Walk – We celebrate, advocate, and promote integration for our Down Syndrome individuals, families, and friends. We raise funds for FDSWF.
- Christmas Parade – By participating in the parade, FDSWF advocates and promotes FDSWF and Down Syndrome Awareness.
- FDSWF Holiday & Cookie Swap Party – FDSWF members celebrate the Holiday season together.
In the future, FDSWF would like to use funds to:
- Open a Down Syndrome center in Brandon and Largo Fl.
- Offer a four-day summer camp at the Rotary’s Camp Florida. It would be for our 10-20yr+. Your funds would help to hire a Camp Director, Lifeguards, Food, camping supplies, etc…
- Hire a Grant Writer.
- Hire a Social Worker/Parent Liaison to direct our members to current services and programs.
- Host a Striker Bikes camp.
- Host a Down Syndrome Conference.
- Partner with a local college or hospital to bring a Down Syndrome Clinic to Tampa Bay.